1. Put the sugar in a saucepan, add the anis, pepper, clove and pour over 10cl of water and the lemon juice.
2. Bring to the boil, and immediately remove from the heat and leave the spices to infuse in the syrup.
3. Peel the mangoes and dice the flesh into small pieces.
4. Put the mango pieces into the bowl of a blender, add the syrup, removing the remaining spices, and blend together until you have a smooth and creamy sauce.
5. Reserve the cream in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
This cream is perfect poured over ice cream. You can also flavour it with a few drops of rum.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 to 10 minutes